Abrasion-Resistant White Cast Iron 18 -ASTM A532_A532M
Abrasion-Resistant White Cast Iron 18
- 5. The process to improve the performance of abrasion resistant castings
Now the process of producing high chromium white cast iron is introduced as a sample.
- 5.1 In the furnace adopt the comprehensive modification process to purify molten iron. Hence the process will improve grain boundary metallurgical quality.
The main factors affecting the toughness of the high chromium white cast iron with the same composition are:
(1) the shape, distribution and size of the carbide.
(2) the metallurgical quality of the grain boundary.
(3) the micro porosity.
(4) the grain degree.
(5 )the composition and content of the matrix.
Now introduce austenite nominal diameter α to discuss the degree of refinement of primary austenite before and after modification. At the same time introduce the concept of carbide shape factor P/ A to investigate the extent of eutectic carbide shape. And also the size before and after modification. By quantitative microscopy electron probe and energy spectrum technology to study the effects of grain boundary metallurgical quality. And also the matrix structure and composition content on the comprehensive properties of high chromium white cast iron. The modifier used is not only a strong carbide forming element but also a strong graphitization element. SⅠ and SⅢ with strong purification capability during the modification process.
- A. the controlled chemical composition of high chromium white cast iron used in the research is shown in table 8.
Table 8 the controlled chemical composition in the research